Friday, July 27, 2007

Has anyone successfully used automated software in conjunction with forex trading? -

Being a complete computer nut, the idea of using a computer to evaluate current trends in real time and have it indicate the optimum buy and sell points, really makes sense to me. If you have had any experiences with automated software in the forex or similar trading platforms your answer will be of great interest to me It is quite interesting to see that there is an industry that supports forex software. But the thing is: if it were that easy to make money off an automated piece of software won t there be many millionaires/billionaires from such an enterprise? I m sure there are some profits to be made - otherwise there won t be people investing money setting up the infrastructure for it. But as to the magnitude of the returns? I m yet to see reports of any decent returns from software trading. I ve been using autopilot on a small account and the performance has been great. I also heard good things about one system that s called quot;profit Boosterquot;, but I never tested that one. Other software that s useful (but not automated) is forex killer. You can read reviews about these products on the following links: http://www.forextopten.com/forexautopilo... http://www.forextopten.com/tradingprofit... http://www.forextopten.com/forexkillerre... I have my own theory when it comes to forex softwares, and it is this quot;they are best used as advise tools to confirm your tradesquot; and not just used on their own. But be that as it may there are 3 out there you might want to look at forex killer, forex auto-pilot and forex assassin. I have forex killer and I might get forex assassin soon it is pretty new so I don t know too much about it. The choice is yours, I wish you well with forex I m not sure how advanced you are, but what the above poster says has SOME truth to it. If you re talking about algorithms that are commercially sold, they probably would not do you much good. However, say you have your own strategy it may be a viable way to doing things. I primarily use Matlab for analysis myself and you can pull live data from commerical feeds such as Bloomberg and Thompson with that you can model risk, run portfolio metrics, etc... Python and java work great with this stuff as well. Interactive Brokers is pretty friendly with you tapping in with the 3rd party stuff too. I know that they offer live feeds into a simulated environment, so you can run monte carlos with real time data. But all of this involves a lot of programming, so if can do it - it s there. Hope that helped. the market is highly volatile that no amount of mathematical expertise can guarantee a sure profit in trading forex. perhaps the best way is to get advises from real, live persons expert in this business. you can check your options in this site. they can provide you a personal Account Service manager who will guide you all the way in your first trading activities plus you can indulge yourself in talking to expert forex dealers in their chat room. still, a pool of human minds for advise is a lot better than any machine out there. Forex software is successful at losing your money. I would use a chimpanzee to trade forex before I would use software. I tried a number and I like Forex Killer. So far it has helped me make some money since I started it 2 months ago. I tend to be nervous when entering trades so the software kind of helps me confirm my intuitive feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment