Sunday, September 16, 2007

How much percentage could you make per month with Forex? -

I mean...if you invest $10,000 in forex? Or any other amount.. As far as I know the best forex traders make about %20 per month. But am not sure... Thanx with 10K in forex you re not going to make money. The bid/ask will kill you and you ll behind the 8-ball b/c your investment will not keep you in the info flow. Unless you are making long term bets, the short term money will pass you by. tb you can make 20- 30% monthly, but only if you know what you re doing and if you take big risks. If you re more conservative about the risks, you can make around 10% monthly. If you re just starting, read some articles at http://www.forextopten.com/forex-article... Best of luck $10,000 is probably enough money to finance a self-published book you could call quot;I made MILLIONS in Forex! So can you!quot;....There are enough fools out there that believe you can deliberately make money in Forex trading that you would likely do well. The reality, if you think about it, is that Forex (unlike the stock market) is a quot;zero-sumquot; game. It is possible for everyone to make money in stocks, but for anyone to make money in Forex, quot;someone elsequot; has to lose money. The only small fish making any money are doing so through shear dumb luck, not through any kind of skill or strategy... Make? The people I talk to LOST money. Forex is not investing, per se, it is trading in every sense of the word. Forex involves the use of currency pairs, which fluctuate over time, since the major currencies float freely. So you essentially borrow, or short, one currency, to buy another, with the optional use of leverage. Don t let a retail house pressure you into using too much leverage. From that perspective, currency trading is commodity trading, which tends to be risky for the uninformed. Since the normal pairs move back and forth over time they give the illusion that all you have to do is buy or sell then hold the position and eventually you will be able to realize a profit, a style of trading that is doomed when a quot;finitequot; amount of real money is involved. I think that the individuals above come off as negative because it sounds like you are regarding forex as a passive investment, which it can be in the case of a managed forex account, but it must be with money that you can afford to lose in any case. All trading can be assumed to be zero-sum; one person gains while the other loses. Granted, holding stocks or anything else over time is not(because value is often created from profitable ventures), but short-term trading in anything is zero-sum for our purposes. That all being said, it is not impossible to make money doing it-I have done it. I am not here to brag nor to sell anything, and I have devoted more than half of my life to studying markets, crowd behavior, charts, fundamental analysis, and the like. I enjoy talking markets because it helps me learn. I have read dozens of books on the topic and was not always profitable in the beginning. Moreover, my profits have not made me rich quickly, so I am not a poster-boy for sitting on some yacht like you see in commercials. I use a strict risk-control method and make sure that my stops are never more than 2% of my capital and preferrably never less than 1%-a strategy I learned while working on a retail equity trading desk. That means I very rarely take a trade that is more than 10-to-1 leverage. When I test any system that I am considering, I overestimate the slippage (bid-ask spread as well as other incidental factors) so that I only enter a trade if I feel that everything is in my favor, and I get out quickly if things change. Over the last year, I have entered many bad trades, a few very good trades, and many break even trades. I have made mistakes and had successes. But I have predetermined every stop and followed each and every one of them-I have not missed one. That cannot be stressed enough-it has taken me longer than it should have to learn that simple lesson and in 2007 I can finally say that I have done it. As far as gains, real traders don t often think or talk in percentage gains on a total investment, until maybe year-end, after the fact. They use money and time together as a tool and they do it fulltime. You take what the market gives you. The confusion in forex is that anyone who publicly advertises is often a failed trader trying to sell a system that does not currently work in practice. Many will offer advice, but as a young quot;liferquot; in the brokerage business I can tell you three pieces of advice: read all you can on the topics, cut your losses quickly, and stay away from lots of leverage. Read newspapers like the Wall Street Journal, websites like yahoofinance or bloomberg, and books like Reminiscences of a Stock Operator and Market Wizards. Stay away from books that use terms like quot;forexquot; or quot;daytrading;quot; from what I ve found they only teach one how to think like a retail losing trader. However, anything you read will help just make sure you can develop your own opinions on everything you hear. Cutting your losses quickly runs hand-in-hand with staying away from too much leverage. If you still have money to trade with you live to trade another day-if you lose big on one or a few trades you are out of the business. Good luck and happy trading!

No comments:

Post a Comment